Aloo Gobhi By Chef Ajay Chopra
Also known as - Gobhi Aloo
Aloo Gobhi is a simple and easy potato and cauliflower sabzi. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for this beloved Indian recipe.Read More
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tsp red chilli powder
salt as per taste
3 - 4 green chillies
1/2 cup chopped garlic
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp jeera powder
1 small cup soaked kasuri methi
pan-fried aloo and gobhi (pre-done)
- In a pan heat some oil. Add jeera, chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger and green chillies.
- Add turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, jeera powder and salt. Add soaked kasuri methi.
- Pan-fry the aloo and gobi separately and then add that to the pyaaz tamatar ka masala.
- Finally, sprinkle some ginger juliennes and chopped coriander on the gobhi masala and cover the pan with the lid for 5- 10 minutes. Let it cook.
- Serve Aloo Gobhi with dal and roti.
Aloo Gobi is a popular spicy but dry sabzi (vegetable). Filled with aromatic Indian spices, this dry sabzi is eaten with great fervour throughout India. The zesty spices, the tanginess of tomato and the flavours of kasuri methi make this vegetable even more delicious.
Serve the delightful Aloo Gobi with roti, naan or chapati.