Palak Paneer By Chef Ajay Chopra
Palak Paneer is a popular North Indian gravy that is delicious as well as nutritious. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe in detail.Read More
For bhuna palak
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 - 3 Kashmiri lal mirch
1/2 cup chopped garlic
1 cup chopped spinach
1 bowl spinach puree
1 tsp kasuri methi
A pinch of gram masala
For pyaaz tamatar ka masala
1 tbsp oil
1 cup chopped onion
1 - 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup tomato puree
- In one pan heat oil and add cumin seeds, dried red chillies, chopped garlic.
- Chop some fresh palak and add to the mix and let it cook.
- In this add some palak puree and cover the pan with the lid and let it cook.
- In another pan, heat oil and add chopped onions, cook until brown and then add ginger garlic paste.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and chopped tomatoes. Add a cup of tomato puree to this.
- Add the pyaaz tamatar masala to the palak mixture.
- Add a spoon of butter and some generous amounts of cream.
- Sprinkle some kasuri methi powder into the palak and cook.
- Finally, add fried pieces of paneer. Fry the paneer, place it in a bowl of water to retain its softness.
- Before serving sprinkle some garam masala and serve Palak Paneer with rotis or parathas!
Palak Paneer is made from blanched palak (spinach) and soft paneer (cottage cheese). It’s a highly nutritious dish. It is the best way to make children eat spinach! In this recipe, paneer and spinach are mixed in a spicy and buttery gravy. Fresh cream is added to make the gravy creamy.
This lightly spicy, creamy and scrumptious gravy can be served with tandoori roti or naan.